Ryde Sports Foundation (RSF) kicked off our Business After Hours program for 2017, with members and guests enjoying the always delicious food and drink at North Ryde RSL Community Club. Former cricket great Greg Matthews (a Ryde boy from way back) was one of the special guests RSF had invited to speak on the night.
Since the late 1970s RSF has worked with Council and local clubs to encourage participation in sport, and identify and foster talented Ryde sportspeople, helping them to get to the highest level they can. RSF provides a monthly Sports Star prize as well as an annual prize, with the assistance of six local community clubs, of which North Ryde RSL is one.
RSF and Royal Rehab have partnered to assist people with injuries and/or disability to learn a sport or get back into sport, and we heard from two former Royal Rehab patients, Kevin Luu and Aidan Roach, about their experiences.
Our thanks go to RSF, Royal Rehab and North Ryde RSL for giving our members and guests, and members of Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber of Commerce, a fun and very interesting event.
The Hon Victor Dominello MP spoke briefly, as did Mayor Clr Bill Pickering, but neither was able to comment on rumours that the planned Council amalgamations would not go ahead.
Hugh Lee, a driving force behind Eastwood’s Lunar New Year celebrations, invited everyone to head to Eastwood Plaza this Saturday for a day of celebration.
Eddie Reginato from the NSW Business Chamber spoke about the upcoming Business Awards and encouraged all members to participate – it’s free to enter. RBF staff can assist you in putting your entry together.
We welcomed new members:
- Meghna Buch – MGSM
- Sandra Vincent – Arthritis NSW
- Suzanne Elias – Fine Form Physiotherapy Ryde
- Teei M – Crossfit Rush Hour Ryde
Who was there
- The Hon Victor Dominello MP, Member for Ryde and newly-appointed Minister for Finance
- Clr Craig Chung, City of Sydney
- Clr Bill Pickering, Mayor of City of Ryde
- Clr Jerome Laxale, City of Ryde
- Hugh Lee, Australian Asian Association of Bennelong
- Stefan Sojka, Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber of Commerce
Level 1 members:
- Stephen Lowndes – Royal Rehab
- Mark Hastings – The Northern Sydney Institute, Ryde TAFE
- Meghna Buck – MGSM
- Anne Bryce – Achieve Australia
- Barry Herbert – North Ryde RSL Club
Level 2 members:
- Snowden Parkes
- Hyecorp Property Group
- Chill IT
Winners and Grinners
Snowden Parkes Real Estate was drawn out as Business of the Month.
Chantelle Longhi from TWT won dinner for two as the major prize in the lucky draw, and Ron Daniel from Aussie Home Loans took home a bottle of wine.
See all photos from the event in our Facebook gallery.