“Let’s do business with each other.” Helping you connect with other Ryde businesses.
The City of Ryde is home to more than 13,000 companies and more than 40,000 employees. It is arguably becoming the second biggest employment CBD in greater Sydney, set to overtake Parramatta by 2020. Such an environment needs a strong business association to bring businesses together, and Ryde Business Forum is proud to be of service for companies throughout the City of Ryde.
Overview of our services
We provide opportunities for you to meet potential partners, clients and service providers. We provide a range of affordable staff training opportunities through our own workshops and those of state and federal government offices and the NSW Business Chamber among other organisations. Through our affiliations we are able to put you in touch with IR and HR advisers, Apprenticeship centres and more. By joining us you’ll be part of the strongest organisation in Sydney’s fastest-growing business region. Our excellent relations with all three levels of government in our area allow us frank and open discussions with government representatives and the opportunity to lobby on various subjects on behalf of our members.
We provide information, advice, education, lobbying, marketing and communications opportunities through:
- Monthly Business After Hours functions which provides members and guests with Business to Business, Business to Government and Business to Community communications opportunities
- Regular Boardroom Breakfasts, which are workshops covering topics such as HR, marketing, finance and more.
- Up to two Business @ Lunch events a year with keynote speakers
- Up to two Business @ Breakfast events with keynote speakers
- Business Blog where members can share information
- Regular E-News twice per month. E-News gives members the opportunity to promote their special offers and news directly to other members in a consolidated newsletter.
- Quarterly CEO Club meetings with Ryde City Council and local business leaders
- Other special events such as corporate golf days and business expo
We also provide special services on an ad hoc basis, for example, we surveyed corporations in the Macquarie Park corridor to ascertain parking availability for a member who required hundreds more car spaces than it had been allocated.
The Forum markets its events and news directly to several hundred companies across the City of Ryde and beyond, primarily by e-mail. We also use our website as a key marketing tool, with all event information and invitations available to visitors to our site. If you’re considering sponsoring an event, this is a great opportunity to get your logo straight into hundreds of inboxes which target a local market, as well as providing a lasting impression on the day itself. Please see our Sponsorship page for more information.
Members are also provided with a copy of the Membership List so they can make direct contact with other members. Updated Membership lists are available on request to members only.
Through our Committees we lobby Council, State and Federal governments on issues important to Ryde such as traffic and transport and other infrastructure. We seek to build a strong education network and facilities to make Ryde the ‘smart city’ of choice for people and businesses moving to northern Sydney.
With RBF membership, the benefits and contacts you will make are manifold. We are a facilitator for business growth in Ryde, and we want to see you grow and prosper.
An Umbrella Chamber of Commerce
The city of Ryde is unique in that it has within its boundaries:
- Macquarie Park – Sydney’s fourth largest non-CBD business precinct
- Two major shopping centres – Macquarie Centre and Top Ryde City
- Two Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE Colleges – Ryde and Meadowbank
- Macquarie University
- Macquarie University Hospital
The Chamber environment in Ryde is also unique:
- A professional business forum – Ryde Business Forum (RBF)
- Four precinct-based Chambers of Commerce – Eastwood, Gladesville, Ryde/Macquarie Park and West Ryde
- Three ethnic Chambers of Commerce – Armenian Chamber, Korean Chamber, Asian Australian Association of Bennelong
RBF has been recognized as the Umbrella chamber for the region since its inception in 1993. In 2012/13 we implemented the strategic initiative ‘Unifying the Umbrella’ (a federation of local chambers).
RBF has now successfully implemented a federation of chambers with the four precinct-based local chambers in the city of Ryde.
Through the Umbrella RBF maximizes total Chamber participation in Ryde, currently connecting 150 RBF members and 150 members of its own and four local Chambers (total 300 businesses) at a city and precinct level, and expanding business-to-business opportunities for all members of all chambers.
As the Umbrella Chamber of Commerce, we provide a catalyst for sustainability and business in the City of Ryde for companies of all sizes through its services, from micro businesses and home businesses, small businesses, SMEs to larger organisations and corporates, we are here to help you grow and interact with the business and wider community.
What is the difference between RBF and local Chambers?
This is a question we are often asked – click here to find out more about our local Chambers, their services and their contact details.
Our geographical reach
Ryde has several business precincts and we have members from all over the city and beyond, including: Ryde, Top Ryde, North Ryde, Macquarie Park, West Ryde, East Ryde, Meadowbank, Putney, Tennyson, Gladesville, Hunters Hill/Woolwich, Denistone and further afield such as Epping, Silverwater, Chatswood, North Sydney, Baulkham Hills and the Sydney CBD.
For more information, talk to us on 9952 8498 or contact us.