City of Ryde in partnership with Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE is offering a scholarship to study a Certificate IV in Small Business Management. The intention is to provide practical support for aspiring entrepreneurs and new small business owners.
The one year course provides the skills and knowledge required to manage the establishment, planning, promotion, finances, operations and workforce of a small business. It is delivered over 12 months via 8 Saturday workshops between 10am – 4pm.
• Legal and Risk Management
• Small Business Finances (Budgeting)
• Market the Small Business
• Address Customer Needs
• Implement Customer Service Strategies
• Undertake Small Business Planning
• Promote Innovation
• Implement Operational Plan
• Report on Financial Activity (BAS Statements)
• Monitor a Safe Work Place (WHS/OHS)
NB: These units are subject to change.
The scholarship will cover the course fees of $1,140 for the one-year Certificate IV in Small Business Management delivered by Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE (NSI TAFE) at the Meadowbank Campus. The scholarship payment will be made directly to NSI TAFE upon successful completion of the course. Any additional fees (e.g. books or travel etc.) will be paid for by the student.
Please note: The scholarship is only available to residents of Ryde Local Government Area.
Apply for Scholarship
1. Download the Small Business Scholarship Application Form (PDF 54 KB).
2. Fill in your details and ensure you answer the questions listed in Form.
3. Email the Form along with your curriculum vitae (CV) and a small business plan to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Thursday 6 February 2014.
If you require further information, please contact Council’s Economic Development Manager on 9952 8051 or email email@example.com