Many members have told us this year has gone too quickly and been too hectic, so the Combined Chambers Christmas Party at Denistone Sports Club was the perfect relaxed, fun night to end the Chamber year.
Those who arrived early played barefoot bowls in gorgeous sunshine before heading in to a delicious two course buffet.
MC for the night Stephen Sim introduced several speakers:
- Tony Abboud, President of Ryde Business Forum
- The Hon Victor Dominello MP, Member for Ryde
- Clr Jerome Laxale, Mayor of Ryde
- Helen Crouch, Board member Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber of Commerce
- Rita Lepedjian, President, Australian Armenian Chamber of Commerce
- Yvonne Dornan, President, Gladesville Chamber of Commerce
- Ashley Agostino, Miss Ryde Galaxy 2016. Ashley is raising funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and you can donate here
- Roseanna Gallo who encouraged everyone to come to Carols on the Common on 20 December
But then the chef took the microphone. He said his name was Mario, Mario Lasagne, and he wanted to sing. He wanted to sing for three hours and get through 34 Christmas Carols, but thought better of it. Perhaps just a few numbers? Here are some highlights from Mario’s performance, which includes a special accompaniment from Jerome Laxale – who knew Jerome could play a musical instrument so perfectly?
The theme of our evening was Community, and guests had been encouraged to donate online or bring a gift for a family in need. Tony Abboud presented Heather Pinto, General Manager of Christian Community Aid, with donations received on the night, and Heather gave thanks:
We hope all guests truly enjoyed a fun evening, and wish all members and guests the very best for the holiday season. Huge thanks to the Denistone Sports Club team for putting on such a great night with delicious food and friendly service.
See photos from the night here in our Facebook album.