More frequent ATO reviews set to continue: what you need to know
This year, more than ever, it is important to know whether you may fall into the ATO’s sights and how to manage the process to ensure the best outcome.
Each year the ATO releases their Compliance Program indicating which issues, industries and professions are to receive increased scrutiny over the next twelve months (i.e. their Hit List).
At this event Scott Treatt, Partner, Tax Consulting with Pitcher Partners will give you an overview of the Compliance Program with a focus on where your business may be affected.
The session will cover:
- What is the process from ATO questionnaire to ATO audit?
- When should you amend compared with making an objection or applying for a private ruling?
- How do you manage a voluntary disclosure?
- How is the ATO audit process best managed?
- When should you take a matter to an ATO panel, AAT or court or otherwise seek settlement to avoid going to court?
- How can you get clarity? From Private Rulings to Reasonable Arguable Position papers.
Plus war stories about how it went right … and how it unfortunately can go very wrong if you are unaware.
Scott Treatt, Partner, Tax Consulting, Pitcher Partners
Scott has been practising as a tax specialist since 1997 with clients in the corporate and SME market space.
Scott’s experience has seen him liaise with the ATO on technical issues (including submissions), private ruling matters (including rulings for blue chip listed corporations) and other tax audit issues.
As a key advisor on major business and transaction projects, Scott provides structuring advice, formal tax advice plus reviews on the taxation assumptions and formulas within financial models and taxation provisions.
|Register now!1. Call 13 26 96
2. Book via the NSWBC websiteCost: FREE
for NSW Business Chamber members and Local Chamber members
|Thursday 26th September 2013
5.15pm registration for 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Pitcher Partners, Level 22, MLC Centre,
19 Martin Place, Sydney 2000Presenter:
Scott Treatt, Partner, Tax Consulting,
Light refreshments included