Around 100 members and guests joined us for our first Business After Hours for 2013, hosted at the newly-refurbished North Ryde Golf Club on 4 February. Fresh new wall treatments in wood and wallpaper, new furniture and a light and elegant colour scheme has transformed the Club’s top floor into highly desirable corporate function rooms; our guests were taken on a tour of the Club to discover the upgraded facilities by Anthony Dignan, General Manager, and Jason Kitchingman, Events Manager. Anthony spoke about the Club’s refurbishment and the various rooms available; the Club of course also welcomes golfers, and you don’t have to be a member of the Club to enjoy 9 or 18 holes at North Ryde.
We welcomed many first-time visitors to our event, and the vibe on the night was fantastic – it was great to talk to people and then put them immediately in contact with someone they could help or who could help them. With guest numbers so high there was a large cross-section of industries and services represented.
We’d like to acknowledge our Level 1 and Level 2 members who attended last night:
- Cr Ivan Petch, Mayor, City of Ryde
- Anne Bryce – CEO, Alex Escobar – Achieve Australia
- Melissa Gillooly, Megan Peters – The Epping Club
- Elizabeth Webb – Director, Meadowbank TAFE
- Colin Stibbs – Managing Director, CPSA
- Stephen Lowndes, Chief Executive & Lynette Mason, Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney
- John Booth – Managing Editor, TWT
- Lyn Mann – The Salvation Army Employment Plus
- Kaylar Michaelian – Community Relations Manager, Hyecorp
- Elli Pavlidis & Lucia Rullo – ATEL Ausnac
- John Golding – Watermark Trademark Attorneys
- Rob Alexander – The Greengate Hotel
We welcomed two new members on the night:
- Ian Ratcliffe from ActionCOACH, who spoke about a change in philosophy for the company, with dedicated services now for SMEs and Micro Businesses as well as larger organisations
- Rob Alexander from The Greengate Hotel, who talked about the range of function rooms in this historic and very popular hotel in Killara, a short drive up the Pacific Highway from Ryde
Guest speakers and Community News
- Lydia Scuglia, Chairman of RBF, spoke about the big year we have in store for you with events and opportunities to build your business
- Lydia also mentioned the Lunar New Year celebrations 4-23 February in Eastwood, with lots of events around Eastwood, finishing with the grand celebration day at Eastwood Plaza plaza on Saturday 23 February featuring spectacular lion dances, martial arts, stalls, competitions and firecrackers
- Cr Ivan Petch, Mayor of Ryde, addressed our members and guests for a few minutes on a number of subjects
- David Tompkins, President of West Ryde Chamber of Commerce, spoke about the West Ryde Easter Parade which will take place on 23 March. The Chamber is seeking stallholders for the event, which always draws a crowd of thousands to the West Ryde Precinct. Call David on 9812 1777 if you are interested.
- Megan Peters from The Epping Club invited all guest to visit the Club on its Corporate Day, Wednesday 27 February. This is your opportunity to see the Club’s recently refurbished event facilities, taste new menu selections and go in the draw to win a free corporate event for 50 guests. Read more about the event here and register now.
Business of the Month
The Weekly Times was drawn from the barrel as our February Business of the Month. Managing Editor John Booth AM has owned the newspaper since the late 1970s, and it’s Sydney’s oldest independent newspaper, published since 1921. John and the team have been Forum members since we started in 1993 – find out more here and contact the team on 9807 6666.
Photos from the night are below – if you would like a high res image emailed to you, please contact Sabrina Ferguson.[nggallery ID=15]