The City of Ryde is supporting Uniting Local Area Coordination National Disability Insurance Scheme transition services to deliver Getting First Plan Ready and Plan Implementation Workshops to assist people with disability, their families and carers.
The workshops are scheduled for 18 April, 4 May and 16 May at Ryde Civic Hall.RSVP to 9275 9441 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Getting First Plan Ready Workshop is designed to help people with a disability as well as their families get ready for their First Plan Conversation. This practical workshop will cover topics such as:
- What is a Local Area Coordinator? (LAC)
- How to get ready for your First Plan meeting
- Goal setting tips
- Overview of the First Plan process
The Plan Implementation Workshop is a practical workshop to support participants, carers and their families to prepare for implementing their approved NDIS plan.
The workshop will cover:
- Practical steps to get ready for plan implementation
- Understanding the flexibility in using your funded supports
- Understanding the options of managing your funding
- Understanding your role in setting up a service agreement
- How to navigate the myPlace Participant Portal
These workshops are delivered as a joint initiative with the City of Ryde and the UNITING Local Area Coordination NDIS transition services.
If you require AUSLAN or language interpreting services, please advise at the time of the booking.