Sunshine and a cooling breeze – it was the perfect evening for our first Business After Hours for 2014, and around 80 RBF members and guests thought so too. Brush Farm House, one of MCC Macquarie Community College’s campuses, was buzzing as people caught up with each other.
MCC Macquarie Community College owns the Macquarie Business Training Centre (MBTC), and after a welcome from MCC’s Principal June Heinrich, MTBC’s Michael Robinson gave a short presentation on available courses and options for business people. See more about MTBC here.
Other speakers at the event were:
- John Alexander MP, Member for Bennelong, who spoke of the Federal Government’s Repeal Day on 19 March at which time 8,000 pieces of legislation will be repealed, making life easier for business owners
- Cr Roy Maggio, Mayor of Ryde, with a welcome to the new year for members and a reminder of the Lunar New Year events happening this month in Eastwood
- David Tompkins, President of West Ryde Chamber, talking about the successfully opening of the Coles car park in West Ryde and reminding all that the West Ryde Easter Parade will be on 12 April, and that stalls are available for hire.
- Stefan Sojka, Vice President of Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber, inviting all to attend RMP’s first After 5 for the year at Regus Serviced Offices in Macquarie Park on 19 February.
- Eddie Reginato of the NSW Business Chamber, with an update on the successful outcome of last year’s Small Business Too Big to Ignore program and a brief overview of the NSWBC’s plans for this year.
- Brad Browne and Mel Hanger of Club 6, seeking coaches/mentors for the Max Potential program for young adults running in Ryde this year. If you would like to mentor a young adult in the local area and get them off to a great business start, click here to find out more about the program.
We welcomed the following new members to RBF:
- Warren McGrath, General Manager, Regus Macquarie Park
- Chris Nash, Owner, Alldry Carpet Cleaning
- Vanja Stace, Director, Stace & Co
- Ruth Chambers, Marketing Principal, Intouch Marketing
- Steve Hipsley, Business Owner, ECT Connect
Congratulations to Arthur Rimagmos of Artisan Promotional Products, whose name was drawn as Business of the Month for February.
RBF sincerely thanks the MCC Macquarie Community College team for their generosity in hosting this event and providing generous lucky draw prizes and Warren McGrath from Regus for his donation of a bottle of Moet et Chandon as a lucky draw prizes.
Photos from the event are below – if you would like a high resolution version please contact Sabrina Ferguson.[nggallery ID=25]