Members and guests enjoyed fabulous Courtyard by Marriott hospitality at our Business After Hours on 4 May. Delicious food and attentive staff forever circulating and topping up drinks reminded our guests that the Courtyard is geared to business travellers – and knows how to look after them!
A big thanks to Sue Harris, Sales Manager at the Courtyard, for hosting our event so generously.
We had a number of guest speakers last night:
- Tony Abboud on behalf of Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber invited people to his Chamber’s social on 20 May at the Farsi restaurant in Church Street
- Clr Bill Pickering, Mayor of Ryde, outlined the state government’s plan for splitting Ryde in two should amalgamation be forced upon it, and how Ryde, Lane Cove and Hunter’s Hill Councils are working together on an alternative which would allow each Council to keep its identity but be part of a regional administration. He invited all present to a public meeting tonight at Ryde Civic Centre from 7pm.
- Tony Pratt of Masters Home Improvement presented information on the DA for the proposed Masters site at North Ryde, included artists’ impressions of how the impressive new development will look when completed. The DA is on exhibition at the City of Ryde until tomorrow, 6 May.
- Maggie Alexander, President of North Ryde Rotary, spoke about the North Ryde Fun Run which will be held Sunday 30 August at Macquarie University. Sponsors are needed for this event – read more here.
- Mark Hastings from Northern Sydney Institute informed us about NSI’s new Enterprise Solutions Short Programs, which can be delivered to your staff on site. There are many courses covering Leadership and Management, Administration, Professional and Technical, and Operations.Visit nsi.edu.au/business or call 131 674 for more information.
Lydia acknowledged the following Level 1 and 2 members in attendance last night: Achieve Australia, Northern Sydney Institute, North Ryde Golf Club, Snowden Parkes Estate Agents, Hyecorp, Chill IT, The Salvation Army Employment Plus.
Tony Abboud was drawn as Business of the Month for May, and Hardeep Girn was the lucky draw winner, going home with a buffet luncheon voucher from the Courtyard.
See photos from the night here on our Facebook gallery.