The delectable food the Crunch Events and Catering Team served to our members and guests at last night’s Business After Hours will go down in RBF history as truly five star. It’s no surprise that Crunch has won awards from within its own industry but also at the NSW Business Chamber North Eastern Sydney Business Awards earlier this year. Exquisite canapes were followed by individual pots of curry and a stunning cheese, fruit and dessert display which looked too good to eat but was thoroughly enjoyed by guests. Huge thanks go to Crunch for its generosity and hospitality.
Guests were given takeaway information about Crunch’s services which includes the company’s entire mouth-watering menu – we expect Janine Pecholt and the Crunch team will be getting many calls and emails from members who need catering services. The Crunch team can come to your premises or you can hire one of the venues on hand in the Hub building in Macquarie University. These rooms are equipped with audio visual facilities and can cater for small groups of 25 up to a cocktail party for 400 or more. Talk to Janine on 1800 370 373.
Did you know Crunch Catering and Events is a non-for-profit enterprise? All profits made from the business go back to Macquarie University to help fund student facilities.
Who was there:
- The Hon Victor Dominello MP, Member for Ryde
- Stefan Sojka, Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber
Level 1 members:
- Achieve Australia
- Northern Institute of TAFE
- Royal Rehab
Level 2 members:
- Laboratories Credit Union
See photos from the event on our Facebook gallery.
We had several people address our members and guests:
- The Hon Victor Dominello MP, Member for Ryde and NSW Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation, who gave us an update on his portfolio
- Stefan Sojka, who was delighted to announce that this week’s HR & CSR breakfast is a sellout
- Anne Bryce of Achieve Australia who reminded people that Achieve’s Golf Day is on 16 October at North Ryde Golf Club
- Jim Towers of Royal Rehab who announced that the Ryde Rollercoaster Run will be held Sunday 8 November around the hills of Putney
- Mark Hastings of NSIT had a good news story about how RBF brings members together. NSIT has teamed with Know My Business to present a course on Mastering Business Introductions on 16 September at NSIT’s St Leonards campus
- Nathan Pratt of City of Ryde spoke of the recent Ryde Jobs & Skills Expo and the upcoming Ryde Business Bootcamp
Andrew Hill, Vice President, introduced two new members:
- Diana O’Cobhthaigh of TurnKey Promotions. TurnKey provides corporate gifts and a personalised service. Diana very kindly left packets of branded M&Ms for guests to take home
- Scott Henshaw of Forsythes Recruitment, which has recently expanded its operations and opened an office in Macquarie Park
Business of the Month
An encore performance for Scott Henshaw of Forsythes Recruitment!
Lucky Draw winners
- Judy Thomson of BresicWhitney won a hamper
- Jim Towers of Royal Rehab won a bottle of wine