Today’s luncheon at Eden Gardens drew a select but very interested group of attendees eager to find out more about The Art of Doing Business with the Chinese.
Presenter Rachel Qu from New Land Magazine – a former university lecturer in China, now a professional translator here in Australia – gave an excellent overview about cultural differences between Chinese and Australians, and how to ‘read’ the signals given by Chinese people in business negotiations, among other topics.
- Business protocol
- The art of guanxi (building relationships)
- Food and restaurant etiquette
- Chinese terms and words used when doing business in China
- Cultural difference and sensitivity
- The Chinese way of giving gifts and paying compliments
All attendees will be emailed an exclusive copy of Rachel’s presentation – it won’t be made available to other members. If you missed coming to our luncheon, you missed some valuable information; and absolutely delicious food from the Dragonfly Cafe at Eden Gardens.