Cr. Justin Li (second from right) and Hugh Lee (far right) launch the new outdoor table in Eastwood
Table Tennis is growing in the Ryde area – and it’s a great idea for corporate fitness! Get your employees active at lunchtime with a corporate competition; a Table Tennis table doesn’t take up much space, and it’s an excellent team building exercise too.
If you don’t have a facility that can take a table, we have a new outdoor table at Eastwood Oval, launched by Ryde Deputy Mayor Justin Li with members of the community and businesses last week – a great way to link our diverse and multicultural community together. Hugh Lee from the Asian Australia Association of Bennelong and Andrew Hill, Vice Chairman of Ryde Business Forum were there to take up a paddle on the occasion.
October is going to be a big month for the sport in Ryde. The State Table Tennis Coach Nam Ho is giving lessons in Marsfield with Andrew Hill to ready the locals.
Everything is heating up for our October Challenge, in other words! If you came to our corporate night last October, with special guests from the Chinese and Korean Table Tennis teams, you’ll know it was networking with a difference and a ton of fun.
Here’s what’s happening in 2013:
- Wednesday 16th – Corporate Table Tennis Night with a chance of partnering with the Champions from China, Korea, Japan or Australia
- Thursday 17th – Meet the Players
- Friday 18th – Morning Schools event, Evening – Test Match.
- Saturday 19th – Granny Smith – meet the players at Eastwood, Evening – Test Match
- Sunday 20th – Table Tennis for the Special Needs
More information on this event from Andrew Hill on 0418406921. Join in the Table Tennis Corporate Challenge! Just contact Andrew.