For employers making key decisions about the structure of their workforce, it is very important to understand the difference between an employee and an independent contractor. There are occasions where the law will step in and deem an independent contractor to be an employee. Employers can be caught out in this regard. Reduce your risk exposure by ensuring you cover all key considerations.
Join us for our presentation where we will discuss:
- The importance of understanding the difference between employment relationships and principal/contractor arrangements;
- The potential consequences of getting it wrong;
- Superannuation and workers compensation obligations for independent contracts;
- The Fair Work Act 2009 and Independent Contracts Act 2006 provisions relating to sham arrangements; and
- A discussion of the recent case decisions in this area.
NORTH RYDE OFFICE
Date: Wednesday 15 October 2014
Time: 12:45 pm registration (a light lunch will be provided) 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm presentation
Venue: Hunt & Hunt Offices L2, Panasonic Building, 1 Innovation Road, Macquarie Park
RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 October 2014.