It’s has been an extraordinarily busy time since assuming the role of President of the Ryde Business Forum in October.
There are many issues that the Forum is focusing on at the moment to ensure that our members are well represented.
My activities on behalf of our members have so far included the following:
- Meeting with John Watkins regarding Ryde Signature Dinner
- Meeting with the RBF Administration Team
- Meeting with the Shadow Minister for Local Government Peter Primrose regarding council merges.
- RBF Business lunch with the Mayor
- City of Ryde Spring Garden Competition Presentation.
- Ryde Local area Command Safety Precinct meeting.
- Meeting with Stacey Randall NSW Business Chamber Relationship Manager
- Meeting with Chamber Presidents regarding streamlining relationship between RBF and the Chambers.
- Meeting with Lisa Cheung from the Royal Rehab rehabilitation centre regarding Ryde Signature Dinner.
- RBF Board Meeting
- Ryde Signature Dinner Meeting
- Meeting with Victor Dominello
- Meeting and joint press release with the Mayor, regarding Ryde Employment Growth.
- Interview with the Northern District Times regarding Retail Trading hours.
- Joint Press release issued with the City of Ryde General Manager regarding Parramatta Councils Land Grab of the City Of Ryde.
- Meeting with Emma Jackson South from the Alzheimer’s Association regarding Ryde Signature Dinner.
- Ryde Macquarie Park Forum Meeting
- EDAC meeting.
- Meeting with Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP, Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Small Business regarding small business needs and how the Federal Government can assist.
There are many more activities scheduled prior to Christmas. Obviously all these activities are good, but unless there are positive outcomes then they serve no purpose.
I’m looking forward to reporting to you early in the New Year on the following issues:
- The situation with the City of Ryde and the State Governments decision as to what’s going to happen to our local government area. As business’s we need to be ready to respond to ensure that we have direct representation with all levels of government and most importantly ensure the prosperity of our businesses and protect the jobs of our employees.
- The revised working relationship between the Chambers and the RBF.
- An integrated calendar of events for the year.
We intend to work towards supporting all our members to make 2016 their best year ever!