Review: Business After Hours 2 Feb 2015 at OPSM Macquarie Centre

A swish new start to 2015 with our first event held in the elegant new OPSM Eye Love store in Macquarie Centre. We’re sure that everyone who attended was impressed with the range of frames and services, and the fresh new approach to customer service by the dedicated team led by Deb Assheton.

OPSMOur President Lydia Scuglia, addressing around 70 members and guests, commented that 60% of people at the function were wearing glasses – and the other 40% were in denial! OPSM’s broad and diverse range of frames makes wearing glasses a pleasure – or a fashion statement!

Deb Assheton spoke about the concept of the new store – less clinical and more warm and friendly but offering the latest in wide retinal scans and other services. New touch screen technology makes it easy if not downright fun for customers to browse services. Deb said that OPSM was dedicated to making the customer experience at OPSM the best in the business, and offered all guests on the night a voucher for $100 off frames and lenses.

Four lucky attendees received designer brand sunglasses as Lucky Draw Prizes courtesy of OPSM. Congratulations to Mary Maggio of Mary Maggio Hair and Beauty, Arthur Rimagmos of Artisan Promotional Products, Angela Morrison of Style Create Design and Ivan Gavran of Altus !

Other speakers included

  • Stefan Sojka, President of Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber of Commerce, who gave an update on the Chamber’s next meeting on 18 February at Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
  • Supt Commander John Duncan of Ryde Local Area Command, who said that while burglaries in the region were down 60%, mail theft was on the rise, and that businesses and the general public should ensure their letterboxes were secure.
Lydia with Umit and Ash

Lydia with Umit and Ash

Two new members had the opportunity to speak about their businesses:

  • Umit Talarico of Business In Heels Ryde, who runs women-only networking events at the Bayview Tavern in Gladesville. Her next event will be on 3 March 2015, and we’ll promote the event on this website and our social media. Find out more here
  • Ash Baldry of Work Test | Online Assessments. Ash is running a DISC course aimed at HR managers on 26-27 March. He has a special offer: Two RBF members may attend for the price of one, or, if you’d like to refer an attendee to Ash, you can attend at no charge. Contact him on LinkedIn or at www.worktest.com.au

Our Business of the Month for February is MM Brown Pty Ltd – Robert Hartwell and his team install and maintain air-conditioning, refrigeration and electrical systems for businesses of all sizes. Robert has some RBF members as clients and they can provide testimonials for his quick and efficient service. Call Robert on 98745541.

We’d like to acknowledge Level 1 and 2 members who attended the event:

Level 1 members:

  • Felicity Gillard – Achieve Australia
  • Stephen Lowndes & Jim Towers – Royal Rehab
  • Emma Stone & Sue Harris – Courtyard by Marriott North Ryde
  • Colin Stibbs – CPSA

Level 2 members:

  • Emily Slaytor, Alex Xenos & Cheryl  Po – Hunt & Hunt
  • Michael Rignall – Quest North Ryde
  • Arthur Rojas & Kylie Mann – Travelodge Macquarie North Ryde
  • Bradley Browne – Club RydeX
  • Richard Bradshaw – The Salvation Army Employment Plus
  • Tony Abboud – Snowden Parkes Real Estate

See our Facebook album with pics from the evening here.

The short URL of the present article is: http://www.rydebusiness.com.au/G3CIl