Members and guests of RBF enjoyed a warm welcome and fine hospitality from Ian Miller and the team at Hunt & Hunt Lawyers on Monday 5 May. Hunt & Hunt is a foundation member of RBF and has been a member since our inception in 1993. It’s always a delight to introduce new guests to our oldest members and keep the networking happening.
Ian Miller, Managing Partner, spoke about Hunt & Hunt’s background and its move from original offices in Eastwood to North Ryde four years ago. He introduced Emily Slaytor, a solicitor who specialises in employment law, who gave a brief overview on Hunt & Hunt’s employment law services.
RBF thanks Hunt & Hunt for their generosity and for being such great hosts and loyal members.
We received Apologies from:
- The Hon Victor Dominello MP, Member for Ryde
- John Alexander MP, Member for Bennelong
- Roy Newsome, Acting GM, City of Ryde
- Morell Boyce, RBF Committee
- Andrew Bland, RBF Committee
VIPs attending were:
- Clr Craig Chung – City of Ryde
RBF Committee Members who attended: Andrew Hill ,Milly Colahan, George Papallo, Kaylar Michaelian, David Tompkins,
Chamber Presidents who attended:
- David Tompkins, West Ryde, who spoke about the passing of previous West Ryde Chamber President Mick Nelson last weekend.
- Tony Abboud, Ryde Macquarie Park, who spoke about the upcoming Ryde Signature Dinner organised by his Chamber with the support of Ryde Rotary and the City of Ryde
- Vic Tagg, Eastwood Chamber, who spoke about the need for a new town centre for Eastwood and the importance of all local business people and residents of Eastwood putting in a submission comment
We acknowledged Level 1 members in attendance:
- Jim Towers – Royal Rehabilitation Centre Sydney
- Alex Escobar – Achieve Australia
And Level 2 members:
- John Golding – Watermark
- Anastasia Kelly – Regus
- Tony Abboud – Snowdenparkes Real Estate
- Jon Gillingham – Condon Associates Group
- Christine Durrant – ATEL AusNAC
Winners on the night
And of course we drew a lucky winner for Business of the Month: MarketingHeads (John Wakeling and Kaye McIntyre). MarketingHeads works with companies of all sizes and specialises in larger SMEs and corporates.
Lucky draw winners, who were given Events cinema passes and Gold passes from Hunt & Hunt, were Ivan Gavran from AltusQ and Lois Hewitt from Resolve Communications.
Photos from the night are below. Please contact Sabrina Ferguson if you would like a high resolution copy of any of these images.[nggallery ID=29]