The glittering renovated ballroom at The Epping Club was the perfect venue for our packed August Business After Hours. More than 120 people mingled from a range of backgrounds: RBF and local Chamber members and guests met with Principals and other representatives of local schools to discuss how schools as businesses could be supported in the business community.
As always The Epping Club gave members a delicious and generous taste of its 5-star catering, together with wine tasting by Robert Oatley Wines and a sushi bar with the Club’s sushi chef in attendance. RBF thanks the Club for its hospitality, especially as members and guests were still mingling at 8.30pm! Several attendees on the night said it was one of the best Business After Hours events they had attended. Our sincere thanks to Peter Saez – CEO, Melissa Gillooly – Marketing Manager and the entire Epping Club team for such a successful evening, superb lucky draw prizes and gift bags for each attendee.
Technology and technology education was a showcase on the night, with RBF’s Vice Chairman Andrew Hill explaining how he can provide students to assist business owners to set up their social media, and special guest Greg Swanson talking about the benefits of marketing by social media. A ‘technology table’ with Samsung tablets for guests to try was set up next to the stage, and RBF member Matthew Graves of Perspective Promotions, another social media marketing expert, was on hand to tell members about our offer to promote their businesses free of charge on our social media channels.
We welcomed new member Chris Sellers of Macquarie Centre.
Chamber Presidents who attended:
- Tony Abboud, Ryde Macquarie Park
- David Tompkins, West Ryde
- Nigel Kelty, Epping
- Hugh Lee, Australian Asian Association of Bennelong
- And special guest Roger Byrne of Parramatta Chamber
RBF Chairman Lydia Scuglia acknowledged the following Level 1 members in attendance:
- Colin Stibbs – CPSA
- Ben Giuea – Macquarie University
- Jess Farahar – Royal Rehab
- Malcolm Harrison – MCC Macquarie
- Alasdair Murrie-West – Dunmore Lang College
- Alex Escobar – Achieve Aust
- Mark Hastings – The Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE
Lydia acknowledged Level 2 members in attendance:
- Paul Fleming – Optical Terminations
- John Golding – Watermark
- Richard Bradshaw – The Salvation Army Employment Plus
- David Bushell – Craig & Rhodes
- John Booth – TWT
- Victor Berger – Milne Berry Berger & Freedman
- Andrew Edsor – Quest North Ryde
Our guest speakers included:
- Roger Byrne, President of Parramatta Chamber of Commerce
- Tony Abboud, President of Ryde Macquarie Park Chamber of Commerce
- Nigel Kelty, President of Epping Chamber of Commerce
- Insp. Pat Sharkey, Gladesville/Ryde Police
- Danielle Dickson, Acting General Manager, City of Ryde (who gave an update on the issue of amalagamation for Ryde)
Business of the Month for August is Adult Learning Australia.
Photos from the evening are below – if you would like a high resolution version of any image, please contact Sabrina Ferguson.[nggallery ID=19]