The Optus auditorium was the place to be on 14 September when speakers from Google, Australian Business Consulting & Solutions and Jobs for NSW gave a special presentation for small business owners. Watch embedded videos at the bottom of this page to see the presentations in full.
The event was “Get Connected – Big Ideas for Small and Medium Businesses”. Nearly 200 local business people were welcomed by James Toepfer, Director Marketing and Demand Generation at Optus.
RBF’s President Tony Abboud took the role of MC and introduced guest speakers:
- Google’s Joel Hockey showed business owners how to list their businesses in Google My Business to get great search engine results.
- Laila Hage-Ali of Australian Business Consulting & Solutions (part of NSW Business Chamber) spoke about low cost and no cost digital marketing solutions for SMEs. Laila had ten excellent strategy tips for guests. Contact her on 9458 7812 if you would like to know more.
- Karen Borg of Jobs for NSW (a state government initiative) informed guests of grants and services available to small businesses looking to grow and employ more people. Contact Karen and her team on 1300 562 679.
The event was jointly organised by the City of Ryde and Ryde Business Forum, and was graciously hosted by Optus. Our thanks go to Google, Australian Business Consulting & Solutions, Jobs for NSW, STARStv (who took video which will be available soon).
See photos from the City of Ryde here.
Videos of the evening’s presentations
Andrew Hill, Vice President of RBF and Director at STARStv, videoed the evening. We are sharing his videos with you for your information:
1. Official Welcome by Tony Abboud, President Ryde Business Forum
2. Google my Business by Joel Hockey, Google
3. James Toepfer, Director Marketing and Demand Generation, Optus
4. Karen Borg, CEO, Jobs for NSW
5. Laila Hage-Ali of Australian Business Consulting
6. Official Closing, Tony Abboud